Wednesday, July 14, 2010

8-Track Tape Memories

It's 8-Track Tape Night!

My Dad's Sea-Foam Green 1972 Buick Electra 225 had an 8-track tape player mounted on the "hump" on the floor of the middle front seat.

We had THREE 8-track tapes. From the Target clearance rack, my Mom picked out Fats Domino's Greatest Hits ("Blueberry Hill"), an early Olivia Newton John album (it had an "Angel of the Morning" cover) and some god-awful tape I can't remember, but I think that music still haunts my dreams. If I ever go through Freudian psychoanalytical therapy, I am sure I will sing all those songs on the Analyst's Couch. I recall the cover was orange, yellow and white.

In 1976, we were moving from Duluth, MN to Plymouth, MN and we did a lot of road trips to look at houses, etc. I somehow added Boz Scaggs "Silk Degrees" to the 8-Track Tape mix and heard the songs over, "clunk", and over "clunk" and over "clunk"...

Boz Scaggs. Palled around with Steve Miller, Greg Allman, Toto, Steely Dan and played a lot of Jazz clubs in Europe before hitting the US in the 70s.

Boz Scaggs is smooth and cool. Like a city night after a hot, hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment